Are you the parent of children who have been adopted, are in foster care, or have experienced trauma?
Are you overwhelmed by challenging behaviors and unexpected emotions?
Maybe you feel like your entire world has been turned upside down. Or… maybe, you want to make sure you do not get to that point.
I write about. . .
- The effects of trauma on children
- Secondary trauma and stress in the family
- Care-giver stress
- Practical tips you can use at home
- Suggestions for all family members
I write from a holistic, trauma-informed point of view.
That is a fancy way of saying I believe negative behaviors are caused by stress and stress can be relieved by addressing the needs of the body, mind, and spirit.
Are you ready for relief?
We are not meant to walk this road alone. Take advantage of the community here. Look through the resources and browse the blog. Engage in the conversation!
First, join my mailing list.
Subscribe now, before you forget!
Receive inspiring and motivational messages right in your inbox, along with practical tips for stress relief in the family and therapeutic parenting. Plus, be among the first to receive special publications not available on the blog! I post one to two times per week.
Next, connect on social media!
Get your daily dose of inspiring quotes and images, as well as links to articles from this and other websites!
A little bit about me:
I have worked with children affected by trauma for over ten years, both in my home and in residential group care. This is my passion. I have spent much of this time learning about attachment and trauma, as well as therapeutic parenting.
Interesting (or not) facts about me:
- I enjoy bird watching and other nature activities.
- I am not a morning person, so I get up early enough that I do not have to talk to people before I am fully awake.
- I have Fibromyalgia, but using what I learn about the mind, body, and spirit connection has eased my symptoms and I feel pretty good!
- I love to read. I read so much that it is actually unusual for me to finish a book (unless it is fiction) because I have too many on the go at once.
- I sell fun and inexpensive jewelry here.
- I like coffee. I really like coffee. I have gone next door to use the coffee maker when mine was not working.